Now, as you have found out more about a few web 2.00 tools (learn more on Teacher's Guide Page) to make colorful and emotion presentations using multimedia, it is time to put all your knowledge into practice and adopt another approach to writing, an interactive one.
You are going to do a research on a certain topic and showcase it in a presentation using one of the following tools: Movenote, Voicethread, or Utellstory which allow you to use text, image, sound, voice and video in one presentation.
The topic of the presentation is:
Which is a better place to live: the City or the Country
Story Prompts to help you create your presentation:
1. Which adjectives best describe the life in the city;
2. Which adjectives best describe the life in the country;
3. Think of 2 differences between living in cities in your country and the lifestyles in rural areas. Compare:
• pace of life
• job opportunities
• entertainment for young people
• types of housing
• transport networks
4. List the advantages of living in the city and the country-3 in number (comparative analysis)
5. List the disadvantages of living in each of the specified areas: the city or the country-3 in number
6. Do you crave the action of the city and couldn't imagine living anywhere else? Or is the country-life the only way for you?
7. In conclusion comment on the following saying: "Home is where the heart is."
Before you initiate your presentation, please have a look at the Evaluation Rubric for Multimedia Presentation below. It will help you create a meaningful and comprehensive presentation.