Dear students, in a few of our classes we held discussions on how to learn a foreign language quickly and, most importantly, effectively.
Now that you have learned about various ways and got some useful tips for mastering a language in a short time, I would invite you to make your own concise guide making use of different visuals. Following this, you can make a digital poster or an infographic "Tips for Learning a new Language Effectively" using one of the digital tools mentioned below:
3. Post the link to your presentation in the comments below this post.
NOTE: Check out the video tutorials on Teacher's Guide Page and start practicing these tools. Enjoy!
Watch the video below about "7 Tips to Learn a New Language". If you find useful techniques for yourself, you can mention some of them in your presentation too, using your own words.
To find out more about the terminology the speaker used in the video press the button below. As soon as you are redirected click on show more which is below the video and read the information presented in the video.
You have also learned about an English young man who can speak 11 languages. His name is Alex Rawlings and he can speak English, Catalan, Greek, German, Russian, Dutch, Afrikaans, Spanish, French, Italian and Hebrew. You can see the way he can easily master these languages in the following video. Get inspired!
In addition, I would encourage you to watch the video conference with Alex Rawling as a speaker where he teaches you various approaches to learn and maintain multiple foreign languages.
Dear students, it is time for a new creative challenge. In this post you will have to accomplish a very responsible assignment. You need to write a survival guide and to give advice on "How to survive in various stressful situations", for instance:
A Visit from Difficult Relatives A Trip to the Dentist's
A Children's Birthday Party A Family Holiday
What you need to do is:
4. Make your own guide using a digital tool listed below:
Note: To learn how to use the tools above go to Teacher's Guide.
Dear students, it is time for your first online Assignment.
Here is the list of personality adjectives you can use when introducing yourself.
Now, as you have found out more about a few web 2.00 tools (learn more on Teacher's Guide Page) to make colorful and emotion presentations using multimedia, it is time to put all your knowledge into practice and adopt another approach to writing, an interactive one.
You are going to do a research on a certain topic and showcase it in a presentation using one of the following tools: Movenote, Voicethread, or Utellstory which allow you to use text, image, sound, voice and video in one presentation.
The topic of the presentation is:
Which is a better place to live: the City or the Country
Story Prompts to help you create your presentation:
1. Which adjectives best describe the life in the city;
2. Which adjectives best describe the life in the country;
3. Think of 2 differences between living in cities in your country and the lifestyles in rural areas. Compare:
• pace of life
• job opportunities
• entertainment for young people
• types of housing
• transport networks
4. List the advantages of living in the city and the country-3 in number (comparative analysis)
5. List the disadvantages of living in each of the specified areas: the city or the country-3 in number
6. Do you crave the action of the city and couldn't imagine living anywhere else? Or is the country-life the only way for you?
7. In conclusion comment on the following saying: "Home is where the heart is."
Before you initiate your presentation, please have a look at the Evaluation Rubric for Multimedia Presentation below. It will help you create a meaningful and comprehensive presentation.